The 30 Best Revolution Quotes How you feel
Published on 2020-10-29 12:16:30 Category：Best Quotes
1. Owing to pressure from below, the pressure of the masses, the bourgeoisie may sometimes concede certain partial reforms while remaining on the basis of the existing social-economic system. Acting in this way, it calculates that these concessions are necessary in order to preserve its class rule. This is the essence of reform. Revolution, however, means the transference of power from one class to another. That is why it is impossible to describe any reform as revolution.
2. Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember.
3. At least they won't be using heroin-flavored bananas to finance revolutions.
4. Sometimes being carefree and black is an act of revolution.
5. How are you gonna be a revolutionary if you're such a traditionalist? You hold onto the past, but jazz is about the future.
6. Given the technological revolution, this kind of talk on the part of Negro institutions, merely leads to that atmosphere where Negroes and whites will be fighting in the streets over the few jobs which do exist, or over jobs which do not exist.
7. I enjoy knowing that if I can’t be with Nukka, she won’t spend those hours feeling over anxious.
8. Don't you talk out of line Don't go speaking out of your turn Gotta listen to what the Man says Time to make his stomach burn Burn, burn, burn, burn
9. I don't follow the rules. I make them. And when necessary, I break them.
10. The ones who are birthed by chaos are always the bearers of revolution.
11. When, in the course of human development, existing institutions prove inadequate to the needs of man, when they serve merely to enslave, rob, and oppress mankind, the people have the eternal right to rebel against, and overthrow, these institutions.
12. As to the character of the Party that was being built up and its role in relation to the working class, as well as its aims and objects, Lenin held that the Party should form the vanguard of the working class, that it should be the guiding force of the working-class movement, co-ordinating and directing the class struggle of the proletariat.
13. Hook me up a new revolution.
14. A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past.
15. The ultimate goal of a revolutionary movement today must be the total collapse of the worldwide technological system.
16. We are revolutionaries.
17. My power was never yours, and it was never yours to take. Who am I? I am the second coming, of everything and everyone you tried to break.
18. …great numbers of the Canadians have expected a visit from us for some time, and are very impatient of our delay, as they are determined to join us whenever we appear in the Country with any force to support them.
19. [about the unrest in Cuba] Michael Corleone: I saw a strange thing today. Some rebels were being arrested. One of them pulled the pin on a grenade. He took himself and the captain of the command with him. Now, soldiers are paid to fight; the rebels aren't. Hyman Roth: What does that tell you? Michael Corleone: They could win.
20. There is no sadder picture than a defeated revolution.
21. Sometimes the problem is that invisible girls are too visible, too powerful, too fierce. The world likes to box them in to contain them.
22. Why don't revolutions work? Because after one revolution you're back where you started.
23. Any time you're creating debate, I think, is the best way to start any revolution.
24. Qué pasa mi raza? This is your girl, La Pinche Chinche. This is a manifesto, mi gente. So grab a pencil and take note, because this morning, I’m saying, ‘Basta.’ The way they shut us down at the city council meeting last night, was some straight bullshit – like if we shouldn’t have a say in how and where we live. But if those fuckers think that we’re going to take this occupation – this recolonization lying down, they got another thing coming, mi gente.”
25. The American Colonies in general are equally in danger from Canada, whether it remain in the bands of Britain, under the present form of its Government, or should be restored to the French, which many suspect is intended by the Ministry in England.
26. The landowners and the bourgeois keep the people in ignorance. They encourage religious superstitions, and with the help of the popes, priests and rabbis they smother all revolutionary instinct. That's why we call religion the opium of the masses.
27. Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
28. We are the sexual revolution.
29. When I woke up just after dawn on September 28, 1928, I certainly didn’t plan to revolutionize all medicine by discovering the world’s first antibiotic, or bacteria killer, ... But I guess that was exactly what I did.
30. No tyrant or usurper can ever invade our rights so long as we are united. Let Mr. Lincoln attempt it, and his party will scatter like chaff before the storm of popular indignation which will burst forth from one end of the country to the other. Secession or revolution will not be justified until legal and constitutional means of redress have been tried, and I can not believe that the time will ever come when these will prove inadequate.