25 Mercy Quotes To Share With You
Published on 2020-10-29 00:14:30 Category：Best Quotes
1. What is what is this overwhelming feeling? Mercy. The act of compassion that we hold like power in our hands.
2. Everyone had instructions, first of all, to be humane in the struggle.
3. Without the mercy of your eyes, your voice, your ways; how dark am I? No song, nothing.
4. We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition: A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.
5. Choices, Lawrence. You know, you tell yourself you've been at the mercy of mine because it spares you consideration of your own. Because if you did consider your choices you'd be confronted with a truth you could not comprehend—that no choice you ever made was your own. You have always been a prisoner. What if I told you I'm here to set you free?
6. Aaron 'Hotch' Hotchner: One brutalizes the parents. This is the dominant one. Sadistic, remorseless, extremely volatile. Emily Prentiss: The other prefers a needle. His injections are consistent with an angel of death. He's more withdrawn, sensitive, and he has a warped sense of mercy.
7. I won’t kill you…but I won’t have to save you.
8. Next time they shine your light in the sky, don’t go to it. The Bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.
9. My brave comrades, with unprecedented patriotism, did their duty to the utmost.
10. But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.
11. The people Jesus loved were shopping at The Star Market yesterday. An old lead-colored man standing next to me at the checkout breathed so heavily I had to step back a few steps. Even after his bags were packed he still stood, breathing hard and hawking into his hand. The feeble, the lame, I could hardly look at them: shuffling through the aisles, they smelled of decay, as if The Star Market had declared a day off for the able-bodied, and I had wandered in with the rest of them: sour milk, bad meat: looking for cereal and spring water. Jesus must have been a saint, I said to myself, looking for my lost car in the parking lot later, stumbling among the people who would have been lowered into rooms by ropes, who would have crept out of caves or crawled from the corners of public baths on their hands and knees begging for mercy. If I touch only the hem of his garment, one woman thought, I will be healed. Could I bear the look on his face when he wheels around?
12. Anyone that hate me, I wish you success. I wish you look in the mirror and ask yourself why you suppressed feelings of self-hatred that you want project on me?
13. We should proceed in a spirit of humility, with the awareness that nobody has the franchise on truth, especially when it comes to the complexities and nuances of a troubled family system. Tell the truth, but aim for mercy.
14. If you go there, you will cross over into a place where there is no mercy...
15. Sweet mercy is nobility's true badge.
16. May the Lord keep you in his mercy, you stupid girl.
17. For my dead comrades, I claim no vengeance.
18. The community of the saints is not an ‘ideal’ community consisting of perfect and sinless men and women, where there is no need of further repentance. No, it is a community which proves that it is worthy of the gospel of forgiveness by constantly and sincerely proclaiming God's forgiveness....Sanctification means driving out the world from the Church as well as separating the Church from the world. But the purpose of such discipline is not to establish a community of the perfect, but a community consisting of men who really live under the forgiving mercy of God.
19. We're all scared. You hid in that ditch because you think there's still hope. But Blithe, the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function. Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it.
20. The madness of mercy.
21. When one has stood face to face with famine, with death by starvation itself, then surely one should have had one's eyes opened to the full extent of this misfortune. When one has beheld the great beseeching eyes in the starved faces of children staring hopelessly into the fading daylight, the eyes of agonized mothers while they press their dying children to their empty breasts in silent despair, and the ghostlike men lying exhausted on mats on cabin floors, with only the merciful release of death to wait for, then surely one must understand where all this is leading, understand a little of the true nature of the question. This is not the struggle for power, but a single and terrible accusation against those who still do not want to see, a single great prayer for a drop of mercy to give men a chance to live.
22. You don't have to outswim the shark. You just have to outswim the guy you're scuba diving with.
23. In the sun that is young once only, Time let me play and be Golden in the mercy of his means.
24. But I want to be better than the lessons they taught me. I want my love to be greater than my hate, my mercy to be stronger than my vengeance.
25. OK, hold hands. Clear your minds, and focus on your breath. Imagine a perfect warrior of justice, mercy, and light.
Prev : 11 Glacier Quotes
Next : 24 of the Trolling Quotes