21+ Lighting Quotes
Published on 2020-10-29 21:37:30 Category：Best Quotes
1. She and I ran in the same circles in college. I avoided those people [Dunham and her friends] like the plague because of their well-known racism. I’d call their strain ‘hipster racism,’ which typically uses sarcasm as cover, and in the end, it looks a lot like gaslighting — ‘It’s just a joke. Why are you overreacting?’ is a common response to these kinds of statements.
2. And all I need is to be struck by your electric love.
3. Why are conscience-bound human beings so blind? And why are they so hesitant to defend themselves, and the ideals and people they care about, from the minority of human beings who possess no conscience at all? A large part of the answer has to do with the emotions and thought processes that occur in us when we are confronted with sociopathy. We are afraid, and our sense of reality suffers. We think we are imagining things, or exaggerating, or that we ourselves are somehow responsible for the sociopath's behavior.
4. Gaslighting exhausts a victim's internal resources so that they are unable to self-validate.
5. Gaslighting allows perpetrators to evade accountability for their actions, to deflect responsibility and exercise their control over their partners with alarming ease.
6. He spins gravity and twists and turns Her words until her world is tipped over Plunging over the edge of its own axis. In his realm, light is dark and peace is chaos He creates a dark room for her which she now calls shelter - comforted in the arms of her murderer.
7. It is those within medicine who have the ability—and bear the responsibility—to solve these problems. But particular in this #metoo moment, I believe there is enormous power in women sharing their stories. One thing I didn’t fully appreciate at the start of my research is just how much silence surrounds these experiences.
8. As victims of psychological violence get closer to the precipice of truth, the man (or woman) behind the curtain creates a great deal of noise to divert their victims from ever seeing what is beneath the surface of their façade and grandiose claims of authenticity. The noise malignant narcissists create refocuses on attacking the credibility of their victims rather than addressing their own crimes.
9. Gaslighting is a technique abusers use to convince you that your perception of the abuse is inaccurate.
10. The intense charm of people who have no conscience, a kind of inexplicable charisma, has been observed and commented on by countless victims, and by researchers who attempt to catalog the diagnostic signs of sociopathy. It is a potent characteristic.
11. Do not set her up to be gaslighted. When she observes that someone who is being really mean is being really mean, tell her she is right and that it is okay to say so out loud.
12. The erasure of the abuse was worse than the abuse. One of the most insidious things about gaslighting is the denial of reality. Being denied what you have seen. Being denied what you have experienced and know to be true. It can make you feel like you are crazy. But you are not crazy.
13. Connie: [shrieking at Michael] You killed my husband! You waited until our father died so nobody could stop you and you killed him! You killed him! You blamed him for Sonny, you always did, everybody did. But you never thought about me. You never gave a dam about me. What am I going to do now? Kay Adams: [taking Connie in her arms] Connie... Connie: Why do you think he kept Carlo at the mall? All the time he knew he was going to kill him. And then he stood Godfather to our baby. You think you know your husband? You know how many men he had killed! Read the papers. Read the papers! That's your husband! [Michael takes Connie into her arms, but she goes wild again and tries to attack him] Michael Corleone: Take her upstairs. Get her a doctor. [Michael's bodyguards grab Connie and pull her out of the office...to Kay] She's hysterical. Kay Adams: Is it true? Michael Corleone: Don't ask me about my business, Kay. Kay Adams: Is it true? Michael Corleone: Don't ask me about my business... Kay Adams: No... Michael Corleone: [slams the desk] ENOUGH!
14. By the time she is thirty, the valiant little girl's "Ick!" - her tendency to respond, to rock the boat, when someone's actions are "really mean" - may have been excised from her behavior, and perhaps from her very mind.
15. Trust in my instincts Trust that I know what's right These are the reasons that keep you up at night
16. Gaslighting exhausts a victim’s internal resources so they are unable to self-validate.
17. When a narcissist, sociopath or psychopath gaslights you, you may be prone to gaslighting yourself as a way to reconcile the cognitive dissonance that might arise. Two conflicting beliefs battle it out: is this person right or can I trust what I experienced? A manipulative person will convince you that the former is an inevitable truth while the latter is a sign of dysfunction on your end.
18. That's what men do—they make you think you're crazy so that they can have their fun.
19. It's amazing, a woman with so many tools has so many screws loose.
20. Executed effectively and done chronically, gaslighting causes self-doubt and cognitive dissonance – a state of turmoil stirred by inconsistent attitudes and beliefs. Survivors of emotional predators sense that something is amiss, but when they attempt to address it, they are often blindsided by their abuser’s complete dismissal and invalidation of their reality.
21. It’s the micro that makes the macro. I have been a victim of each component of the sexual assault spectrum of which you speak. They all hurt. And they are all connected to a patriarchy intertwined with normalized, accepted--even welcomed-- misogyny. We are not outraged because someone grabbed our asses in a picture. We are outraged because we were made to feel this was normal. We are outraged because we have been gaslighted. We are outraged because we were silenced for so long.
Prev : 12+ Quotes About Dealer
Next : 8 Adventures Quotes