20 of the Poets Quotes To Motivate You
Published on 2020-08-01 18:07:30 Category：Best Quotes
1. I suppose an aesthetics-first approach to poetry is the perfect strategy for an aesthetics-first platform.
2. Kaur is, in industry parlance, a hack. And while most of us who write for a living believe ourselves to be hacks, at least most of us don’t run around saying the ultimate goal of our work is to be blown up to poster size.
3. The new army of Insta-poets offers short, crisp, yet meaningful lines that the youth can relate to—but most importantly, appreciate it in real time. These lines satiate our thirst for something meaningful that our otherwise fast-paced, shallow lives lack...
4. They would need to be already wise, in order to love wisdom.
5. He is half my soul, as the poets say.
6. you can't make homes out of human beings someone should have already told you that and if he wants to leave then let him leave you are terrifying and strange and beautiful something not everyone knows how to love.
7. Poetry is truth, and great poetry is raw, and real, and messy, and glorious, and ugly.
8. Being in your 20s means you get to be a little selfish. You get to figure out what you want, and chase after it.
9. Is this all women are meant to be? Listless, and beautiful? Eager to be loved, constantly in need of male affection?
10. Males have not been illustrated in the media, and in the world for that matter, the same way women have. This is why Julia Roberts will get asked about her beauty routine during important interviews, but George Clooney will not. This is why Brie Larson gets asked about the dress she is wearing on a red carpet, and Leonardo DiCaprio gets asked about global warming, and the state of planetary affairs.
11. Full moon in Leo midweek. Burn a red candle, touch something gold, ask for what you won’t give yourself.
12. What’s more, is Tinder causing us to skip that vital step where we gauge compatibility in a partner? If we’re all performing, how do we know if the person on the other side is right for us?
13. The biggest gift for any writer in the world, is to be read, and for the words they have written to help and move people. To be able to be part of a thing so much greater than myself is humbling and I am nothing but grateful that so many wonderful people have read and found healing in my words.
14. Poetry springs from something deeper; it’s beyond intelligence. It may not even be linked with wisdom. It’s a thing of its own; it has a nature of its own. Undefinable.
15. and you tried to change didn’t you? closed your mouth more tried to be softer, prettier, less volatile, less awake
16. Then the men we try to love, say we carry too much loss, wear too much black, are too heavy to be around, much too sad to love. Then they leave and we mourn them too. Is that what we’re here for? To sit at kitchen tables, counting on our fingers the ones who died, those who left and the others who were taken by the police, or by drugs, or by illness or by other women. It makes no sense. Look at your skin, her mouth, these lips, those eyes, my God, listen to that laugh. The only darkness we should allow into our lives is the night, and even then, we have the moon.
17. I think representation is exceedingly important. I think women of colour in the writing world are an absolute need.
18. The mountains are fountains of men as well as of rivers, of glaciers, of fertile soil. The great poets, philosophers, prophets, able men whose thoughts and deeds have moved the world, have come down from the mountains—mountain-dwellers who have grown strong there with the forest trees in Nature's workshops.
19. Yes, it is wonderful to be alive! Indeed, the Bottle inwardly sang of all this, as do young poets, who frequently also know nothing about the things of which they sing.
20. I hear them say go home, I hear them say fucking immigrants, fucking refugees. Are they really this arrogant? Do they not know that stability is like a lover with a sweet mouth upon your body one second; the next you are a tremor lying on the floor covered in rubble and old currency waiting for its return. All I can say is, I was once like you, the apathy, the pity, the ungrateful placement and now my home is the mouth of a shark, now my home is the barrel of a gun. I’ll see you on the other side.
Next : 13+ Figures Quotes